Argument For Measure C
Our schools are the most important assets in our community and should be our number one priority. From higher achieving students, to greater neighborhood safety and improved property values, quality schools make a difference. While our teachers and staff do their best in educating our children, many classrooms and school facilities at the Soquel Union Elementary School District are outdated and inadequate to provide students with the facilities they need to succeed. This is why our students need your YES vote on Measure C!
Although our schools have been well maintained over the years, aging classrooms and facilities must be upgraded since many do not meet 21st century standards. Measure C would allow the District to improve our local schools and the quality of education provided to local children. By investing in our schools, we can meet today’s safety, technological, and educational standards and better our community.
If passed, Measure C will provide funding to make facility improvements at local elementary and middle schools by:
- Repairing or replacing leaky roofs
- Upgrading deteriorating plumbing and sewer systems
- Making health, safety and security improvements
- Improving student access to computers and modern technology
- Upgrading inadequate electrical systems
- Modernizing/constructing classrooms, restrooms and school facilities
Measure C makes financial sense and protects taxpayers.
- All funds must be spent locally and cannot be taken by the State.
- By law, spending must be reviewed and annually audited by an independent citizens' oversight committee.
- Funds can only be spent to improve our local schools, not for administrator salaries.
Measure C upgrades and renovates old and inadequate school facilities, improves the education of local children, and maintains the quality of our community. That's something we can all support. Please join us and VOTE YES ON MEASURE C!
Santa Cruz County Superintendent of Schools
Vice Mayor, City of Capitola
Community Banker and District Parent