Join Us in Celebrating #NationalVoterRegistrationDay!
The Santa Cruz County Clerk is excited to once again participate in a national effort to engage and mobilize Americans in our political process by helping to register over a hundred thousand voters across the country on September 26, 2017, National Voter Registration Day.
First held in 2012 for that year’s presidential election, National Voter Registration Day has become a 50-state celebration where thousands of organizations and volunteers organize to ensure our family, friends, and neighbors are registered to vote.
Have you moved — even just across town — since the last election? Have you changed your name? Will you turn 18 by Election Day? Are you a newly naturalized citizen? Have you not voted in a while?
In all of these cases you may need to register or update your voter registration in order to make your voice heard at the ballot box in 2018. You can register to vote at the Santa Cruz County Elections Office, either of the four City Clerk’s Office, any public library in Santa Cruz County, or go online to www.registertovote.ca.gov
Why register in 2017? The California Primary in 2018 is just a few months away. Also, if you want to sign a state or local petition, you must be a registered voter. National Voter Registration Day is the perfect opportunity to get involved no matter what party you support or which issues matter most to you.
Voting is our collective opportunity to express ourselves as a community, as voters and as Americans.
If you are already a registered voter, take a few seconds to make sure your voter registration is up to date at voterstatus.sos.ca.gov and join us in celebrating National Voter Registration Day 2017 on September 26!
National Voter Registration Events in Santa Cruz County will be held at the following locations on September 26:
Libraries in Santa Cruz County
- Aptos – 7695 Soquel Dr., Aptos. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Boulder Creek – 13390 West Park Ave., Boulder Creek. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Branciforte – 230 Gault St., Santa Cruz. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Capitola – 2005 Wharf Rd., Capitola. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Downtown Santa Cruz – 224 Church St., Santa Cruz. 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Felton – 6299 Gushee St., Felton. 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Freedom – 2021 Freedom Blvd., Freedom. 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Garfield Park – 705 Woodrow Ave., Santa Cruz. 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- La Selva Beach – 316 Estrella Ave., La Selva Beach. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Live Oak – 2380 Portola Dr., Santa Cruz. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Porter Memorial – 3050 Porter Ave., Soquel. Noon to 4 p.m.
- Scotts Valley – 251 Kings Village Rd., Scotts Valley. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Watsonville – 275 Main St., Suite 100, Watsonville. 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Santa Cruz County Clerk's Office - 701 Ocean St., Room 210, Santa Cruz, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
City Clerks Offices:
- Capitola City Clerk’s Office – 420 Capitola Ave., Capitola
- Santa Cruz City Clerk’s Office – 809 Center Street, Santa Cruz
- Scotts Valley City Clerk’s Office – 1 Civic Center Dr., Scotts Valley
- Watsonville City Clerk’s Office – 275 Main St., 4th Floor, Watsonville
The Santa Cruz County League of Women Voters will be at the following locations:
- Capitola Mall Food Court from 4 to 7 p.m., and
- Bookshop Santa Cruz, outside on Pacific Avenue from 5 to 8 p.m.