County SealSanta Cruz County Election Department



Register to Vote


If you moved to Santa Cruz County and are ready to register to vote, welcome to elections in Santa Cruz County! Registering to vote takes just a few minutes and allows you to participate in one of the most important rights we have - exercising our voice. Be heard and register today!

Or if you are already a voter in Santa Cruz County and need to update your registration because you moved within the county, changed your name, or wish to change your political party affiliation, you need to re-register to vote - again, this only takes a few minutes.

You may now register to vote online. In order to do so, there are several online voter registration tools:

You will be asked to provide your driver's license number and the last four digits of your social security number.

Please note: Allow a minimum of 48 hours for online applications to process. Registration is not an instant process and requires individual review. Make sure all fields are filled in correctly.

Voter registration cards are also available at post offices, libraries, city offices, fire stations and the County Elections office for your convenience.

You may also call our office at 831-454-2060 and a card will be mailed to you.

Information on your voter registration affidavit will be used by elections officials to send you official information on the voting process, such as the location of your polling place and the issues and candidates that will appear on the ballot.

Commercial use of voter registration information is prohibited by law and is a misdemeanor.

Voter information may be provided to a candidate, a ballot measure committee, or other persons for election, scholarly, journalistic, political, or governmental purposes, as determined by the Secretary of State. Driver's license and social security numbers, or your signature as shown on your voter registration card, cannot be released for these purposes.

If you have any questions about the use of voter information or wish to report suspected misuse of such information, please call the Secretary of State's Voter Protection and Assistance Hotline at 1-800-345-VOTE.

Certain voters facing life-threatening situations may qualify for confidential voter status. For more information, please click here to contact the Secretary of State's Safe At Home program.

Change your mailing address

If you haven't moved where you live, you have just changed where you get your mail, you can use this simple online form to give us your new mailing address. If you want to remove a mailing address, just type in "none" under the mailing address field.

Click here to change your mailing address. Do not use this link if you have moved and need to register with the above link